What is MCB Laboratory Cell Biology Specialization?
This specialization will provides understanding the principles of basic cell biology techniques which is designed to introduce the practice of laboratory cell culture and optimized procedures, covering topics such as laboratory set-up, safety, and aseptic techniques. It will give researchers and students a framework for further research and experimentation.
Provides understanding the principles of basic cellular analysis mainly assessing cell proliferation, cell viability and cell function which will develop into studies to identify and map many of the basic biochemical and physical processes of life. It will give researchers and students a framework for further research to better understand, predict, the factors that underlie cell health, proliferation, function, and death.
- understand the concept and key regulatory events in cell division, proliferation and survival
- understand the main principles of cellular metabolism
- understand the different techniques used in cellular analysis
Some of the projects you’ll do...
- qualitative characteristics of mammalian cell cultures: cell counting, seeding plates and analysis, cell imaging
- assessing the viability and proliferation of cells grown under various experimental conditions using the AlamarBlue® Assay
- manipulation of established cell lines under various experimental conditions
Cell Culture Fundamentals and Basic Techniques
MCB Code: TM-CC01
Basic Cellular Analysis (cell viability, cell proliferation & functions)
MCB Code: TM-CC02
Duration: 24 Weeks (Full-time)
Essential Lab Skills and GLP & BioSafety and Lab Safety(Note: Some background knowledge of biology and high-level familiarity with structure and functions of cells is expected.)
To be determine.
When you finish the specialization program, you’ll be able to:
On successfully completing this specialization, trainees should be able to:
- understand advanced knowledge and techniques of cell biology and cellular analysis
- prepare chemical solution and reagents to the precision appropriate to the task
- practice common cell biology techniques and be able to adapt basic cell culture procedures for specific research requirements
- assess and motivate which cells and which cell culture techniques are most suitable for different experiments
- perform the basic procedures in cellular analysis
- perform common and advanced cell biology techniques and analyze results
- understand the risks and ethical problems related to cell studies