Winter Course 2022
This course covers the fundamental principles and techniques used in experimental research in the area of Molecular and Cell Biology. Essentially practical in nature, it aims at learning current cell culture and basic genetic analysis techniques, as well as the acquisition of skills in laboratory experimentation required for scientific research in molecular and cell biology.
By end of the course the participants must be able to:
- Master the basic practices and techniques in laboratory work
- Carry out experimental work and interpret results proficiently and confidently in the areas of molecular and cell biology
- Apply the acquired knowledge to design a lab experiment
A theoretical introduction to each topic will be followed by the practical module. The learning process will develop through direct contact with the laboratory experimental techniques and by the systematic execution of all the essential steps conducing to the successful completion of the experiment.
- Essential laboratory skills
- Basic laboratory practices: ethics and laboratory safety
- Principles of basic cell biology
- Cell culture and aseptic techniques
- Maintenance of mammalian cell lines
- Math skills for the lab
- Introduction to Genetics
- Basic molecular techniques
- Nucleic acid quantification and quality control
- Amplication of DNA templates using
- Polymerase Chain Reaction
- Principles of DNA separation
- Data visualization and analysis
Who should Attend?
Students at any Saudi University in the areas of Medicine, Pharmacy, Dentistry, Biochemistry, Biology, Microbiology, Biotechnology, Agricultural Sci, Medical Laboratory, and Medical/ Natural Sciences.
- Registration form
- CV (2 pages)
- Optional: Transcript
- Optional: English Language skills
Registration Fee: 2900 SAR
Ground Floor, College of Dentistry,
King Saud University, Riyadh, KSA